At the beginning of every year I make a list of goals that I want to achieve, but never seem to follow through with them. This time, I have made my list and am taking a brand new approach to set me up for success. For starters, I have been very specific with what I want to accomplish. I have spoken my goals aloud, written them down on paper, and hung them in a place I never fail to visit-the fridge.
One very important aspect that I have left out in previous years is to establish goals that I genuinely believe I can accomplish. I always set goals, but never truly believed I could or would complete them. I continually spoke in the future tense stating that one day I will take action, but why not now? What is keeping me from achieving my goals today?Therefore, this time around I have written all of my goals in the present tense.
I know I will be adding more goals as the year progresses and definitely marking a few off of my list, but here are a few of my main goals for 2017:
- I am grateful. This is important to me because I had constantly been wishing I had a life that was already in the past. I am living more in the moment.
- I feel confident in my own skin. I am focusing on my body. Feeding it healthy foods and giving it the movement it needs to help me feel comfortable and confident.
- I publish at least one blog post a week. I began this blog three years ago as a hobby whilst living in Germany, but I always found excuses to not post regularly. I am posting every week and more if possible!
- I love myself. I have always been really hard on myself. Now it is time to focus on being kind to myself.
- My husband and I do Date Night Every week. After working all day then heading to a workout, it is hard to spend quality time together. Philipp and I are spending uninterrupted time together enjoying each others company and doing something new.
- I explore more. I am definitely a home body, but now I am making an effort to get out and about more. I am excited to try new things and see new places.
I hope you will try this method with your goals as well and let me know how it goes.
Thank you for reading. Happy planning!